So I have officially designated Tuesday as ‘fast day’. I want to incorporate it as a regular spiritual discipline. One day a week to fast from food and social media. One day a week to really lean in to God with prayer, worship and a seeking heart.
I have found so many helpful articles on Natalie Nichols blog- http://www.shadesofgrace.org/events/pursuit-21/helpful-tips/ She has an amazing testimony and such a heart for God.
Another great motivator is hearing and reading the fasting testimonies of others.
I read a great tip today, to make a list of what you are fasting for. Carry it with you. Pray without ceasing. Expect a breakthrough. Call the things that aren’t as though they were. Expect great things!
Here is my list-
1. More of God in my life. “He must increase, I must decrease.” John 3:30 God is the prize, being closer to him is the goal.
2. Healing for a chronic health issue that is a daily struggle for me. “This was to fulfill what was declared by the prophet Isaiah when he said, “It was he who took our illnesses away and removed our diseases.”” Matthew 8:17
3. Healing for my sons autism/ADD. “All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace.” Isaiah 54:13
4. Healing for my other son’s skin conditions. “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.” Psalm 103:2-3
5. Spiritual breakthroughs for people in my life. “ In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.” Matthew 18:14
I know will all my heart that God has amazing things for us. There is always more to be had. More ground to take, more freedom, more of the Holy Spirit, more healing, more outreach… as long as we are still breathing we can have MORE. He wants us to press in, persevere, deny our carnal appetites, take up our crosses and in the long walk of obedience to inherit the promises and more importantly find Him.